Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Savage Grace

THE SAVAGE GRACE by Bree Despain (The third- and last- book in The Dark Divine series) so that means *SPOILERS*
The Savage Grace (Dark Divine Series #3)
I just finished reading this book today - and I'll try to review it...objectively. But really, this book was SO GOOD!! So here's the summary from Barnes and Noble
Grace's life is a mess. Daniel is still a werewolf, Talbot can't be trusted, and Caleb is still out there. With Sirhan's impending death, war seems imminent. Will Grace give in to the wolf to save her family? What will happen to Daniel . . . and can their love survive one last test?
This is my favorite book in the series...I'm still living in it's world even though I've started reading Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter.

I love Daniel and Grace's relationship - it felt genuine and like a healthy relationship. They're like a scale - the power is balanced and the girl doesn't have to depend on the guy. They're equals.

Grace feels like a real person, and a good one. She has flaws but she has so many conflicts thrown at her, and she's only human. But she deals with everything...with grace. Heh. She character grows and develops as she struggles internally and externally.

We also get to see lots of the characters' motives for actions, betrayals, and for what Jude did in the last book.

I could not put this book down, and the plot was entertaining and full of action. The story progresses quickly, but feels right, not rushed. The story never lagged, and the 400 something pages flew by.

Okay...bear with me while I sift through my memory for anything bad...anytime I wanted to skip pages? No. Anything slow? No. Character developments? Yes, definitely there. OH - there were seriously a lot of grammer errors and typos. In my fully published print book. And I missed Daniel SPOILER he wasn't in the book until about a third through.

This book was a nice - and very intense- wrap up to the trilogy. Easily the best book in the series. It's bittersweet, and also left some loose ends for maybe (hoping) a possible sequel? Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment